You know when you have a really great idea in your head for a knitted project, and then you spend AGES on it and it doesn’t work out too well? That's what my green jacket thing is doing to me right now.
For some reason in my head, I didn’t allow for stockinette to curl in quite the amount that it is doing, and that's making me really really sad. I didn’t want to have to use rib at the bottom edge, but it looks like I’m going to be forced to. I’ve already undone the applied i-cord I’d used across the bottom (twice, because you know I might have done it wrong somehow the first time…) and I’m thinking about ripping back about ten rows and ribbing from there. This designing business is not as easy as it looks!
I finally got round to buying the beads for the Luna Moth shawl I’m making. I know I said I was going to get the matte black beads, but I ended up getting about 30 grams of the Pebblestone mix instead! Either I’m going to end up with a lot left over, or I’m only just going to have enough! I’m about 4 rows and a cast off away from finishing though and I’ve still got plenty left.
I can’t take any proper photos because the weather here is so dismal. When it’s not raining it’s dull and overcast. I wish it would hurry up and snow! It is the puppies’ first Christmas so we’ll be taking plenty of photos.
Talking of Christmas, we’ve just bought our first real Christmas tree! I know it’s a bit early, but I couldn’t resist decorating it! Dave is very interested in the shiny gold baubles because he can see his reflection in them. I woke up this morning to a few (but not many) needles on the floor, so I’m hoping it will last all the way through the rest of November and December to Christmas day!